Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management & Student Affairs
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s Degree
• Five (5) or more years of experience working with strategic enrollment management initiatives
• Evidence of progressively responsible leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to provide visionary, innovative and collaborative leadership to build and engage staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge regarding best practices in strategic enrollment, student persistence and retention.
• Solid knowledge and demonstrated success in managing student related services, including personnel, processes
• Demonstrated knowledge of student information systems, customer relationship management solutions, data reporting options as both apply to strategic enrollment management and the student life cycle.
• Evidence of expertise in data issue identification and resolution.
• Evidence of expertise in predicative analytics and data warehouse.
• Strong working knowledge of database design and implementation.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Outstanding oral, written and interpersonal, communication and team building skills with the ability to listen and collaborate.
• Success in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships across a variety of constituencies.
• Commitment to the Vision, Missions, and Core Values of the University and to an organizational culture
characterized by grit, humility heart and diversity.
• Hobson’s Radius
• Experience with co-curriculum assessment.
• Experience in a collective bargaining environment.
• Comprehensive understanding of the critical emerging issues facing higher education and current best practices
in the full range of enrollment management and student affairs.
• In collaboration with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs, contribute to the creation of the vision and direction for the Enrollment Management and Student Affairs division and ensure divisional and departmental planning efforts align with University strategic goals and objectives.
• Collaborate with the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and other University
stakeholders to lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic enrollment management plan to foster and support student learning and success from a recruit to retain to graduate philosophy.
• Serve as the advisor to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs and recommend and
implement changes in student and academic policies that impact enrollment and maintain integrity and compliance
with university, state and federal policies and practices.
• Engage in an analytical, empirical, data-driven approach to problem solving and decision-making and facilitate a
culture of evidence in enrollment management and student success.
• Supervise, mentor up to eight (8) individuals and provide management, administration, and leadership on
matters related to strategic planning, personnel administration, fiscal management, policymaking matters,
• Bring expertise and knowledge, planning, collaboration, and continuous improvement to the management of enrollment and student affairs with an emphasis on efficient user-friendly support services to foster a climate of responsive service to students, colleges, and the university as a whole.
• Build strategic partnerships with faculty, deans, regional leaders, and others on-campus and off-campus to
advance enrollment, persistence and retention efforts and student success.
• Partner and collaborate with key Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, and Academic Affairs units to ensure real-time and historical integrated enrollment management data is available as an institutional-wide resource to meet larger strategic enrollment goals.
• Work closely with the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness to develop and analyze real-time and
historical enrollment funnel data to apprise university stakeholders on decisions about short and long-term
enrollment goals and new market opportunities.
• Serve as a member of the Vice Present of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs Leadership Team, President’s Cabinet and represent the division on university committees related to enrollment management and student affairs to improve the quality of student services and student life.
• Represent the Vice President for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs or University at meetings and/or public functions through written communications and on university committees a requested; respond to student concerns and emergent situations.
• Perform other duties as assignment by the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs.
Start Date: 7/1/2017 – Approximate
Education: Doctorate Preferred
Work Experience: 5-7 Years